Friday, July 29, 2011

Fun Facts about...Me!

Well I have seen a big change in myself since I have been home. I am pleased with the change. Well I don't even know if I really changed or if I just discovered things about myself I didn't know before...probably both. Anyways I have decided to share some things that I have discovered about me.

1. I LOVE movies!! Its almost obsessive...its a sickness. Seriously once you've been around me for long enough you will notice how bad it is. One word out of a whole sentence someone says will remind me of a line from a movie. In conversations I will randomly throw in movie quotes. Its gotten to the point where people expect me to quote movies.
I quote Megamind the most. I love that movie!! Ive watched it so much that I am no longer allowed to watch it in a group setting...I will quote the whole movie. I'm not exaggerating. I'm pretty sure I can quote the whole thing.

2. I'm an artist. I paint and draw. I'm decent. I like to show people what I can do but I don't like them to gush over it. Seriously I'm not that good. If I'm not looking at a picture of something I'm useless. I'll admit I can do a freaking awesome Wolverine...well that is now...before he looked more like a gremlin or troll. Back to my point I like to show people and I like to get compliments about it but only to a certain point. sometime after someone says "Oh my gosh Kylee that is SO good!" I get uncomfortable. It's dumb, and pretty redundant, but that's just how I am.

3. I like to make up my own adventures. I have found that times that you have the most fun is when your just making stuff up as you go. Spontaneity is my friend. I like it allot. I got bored one time grabbed a friend, glass bottled soda, 90's music and a random road and ended up having a 3 hour adventure with a ridiculous amount of dirt-road-detours when I had left telling my Mom I was just going to Walmart.

4.I like to be different. I would say unusual but what is usual? what is normal? Is there such a thing?
Anyways if you think about it just my having red hair is a genetic oddity(I have been told that the gene for red hair was a mutation). So why should I be anything other than an oddity of my own?
If one was to browse through the music I have on my ipod you would understand. So I sometimes TRY to do things people do not expect me to do. Part of the reason I decided to learn to play the Ukulele is because its not typical.
This leads to my biggest Pet Peeve...

5. I HATE when people try to tell me why I do something or that I will do/like something. Seriously I hate it. I don't get angry allot but this is a sure fire way to make me unhappy with you. Honestly I cant even explain shy I do some of the things I do and No one on earth knows me as well as I do. So there is no way that you can tell me why I do something.
In case you do not understand what I mean here is an anonymous example of conversations in which someone who triggers this Pet Peeve...
        (Dumb Dude) I love MacDonald's. I live off the dollar menu. Their food is so good.[I'm paraphrasing]
        (Me) Eww I hate MacDonald's their food is gross and fake.
        (Dumb Dude) Well when you live on your own you will love MacDonald's.
         (annoyed Me) I DO live on my own. An I make my own food.[thank you very much]
I could go on  but I think you get the point.

Moving on...
6. I still like to read young adult fiction. I read other stuff but this kind of fiction is my favorite. I think its more fun.

7. I am a chronic story-teller. I tell stories ALL the time. If record was kept of everything I have ever said the most common phrase would probably be "This one time" ha ha. Bu t not only do I tell my stories but I remember stories other people tell me and I will tell those stories too! If I end up trying to tell you a story I have told you before just let me know in a nice way.

8. I tend to have the inability to control my facial expressions. Which is funny at times because I can make some interesting faces but other times(especially when I'm tired) I make a face but it doesn't match what I am thinking or feeling. What I mean is dirty looks tend to wiggle their way out of me when I am not really needing to make a dirty look. So if you mention it and I say huh? it usually means it was not a genuine dirty look.

9. My randomness pleases and surprises me. Like I said earlier, I cant even explain why I do some of the things I do. I genuinely do or say random things ALL the time. These can range from hilarious made up phrases, to saying completely unrelated things in the middle of a conversation. Let me start with random phrases...
"Hot Chocolate is one of my handicaps"
"I'm the big wheel to this tricycle."
"well...that's a Whoopsie"
"You just crapped on my nachos"
"If poor ghetto kids eat watermelon then rich kids eat strawberries."
"yeah but...okay I'm done thinking about buts"
"can you get me a fork"
"I'm just gonna go and hope...I need to hope faster!!"
"that was one of my favorite things to do as a kid." "Shrums?!" "no not what I meant!!"
...And all of these come with really good memories and Stories(of course). Another good example...the other day I got bored at work....I wrote an Infomercial for me. Yes. Infomercial. Who does that?! ...Apparently I do. I was very proud of myself at the time. So I am about as random as it gets. When I run out of things to say I will say the first thing that comes to mind last time I did the word was Muffins. Its a strategy I use for keeping chat conversations going when I have nothing else to do at work.

10. Conversely, as random as I may be. There is often a intended purpose to what I do or say. Usually this applies to what I say because I don't yell at people. While that may seem completely unrelated its true. I don't yell at people, in fact, very few people can even tell when I am mad. Because of this, I will say/do things I when I'm mad at someone that I intend to be mean, but everyone thinks I am joking! At one point it was a convenient coincidence that my roommates and I jokingly would yell at each other to shut-up and call each other devil-women...haha!

Well...though I have plenty to add I think this is good enough for right now. You more than likely just learned a bunch about me that you didn't know before! Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment